Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bye

Pictures posted - http://picasaweb.google.com/sarah872014591



I can tell that it is time.

I spent last night with Indiana, Kleaver, Hugh, and Scott at the Naseem, the same hotel we all stayed in upon first arriving in Oman. This time around we were significantly happier.

I'm not really thinking about Saturday. To a lesser degree it's like when I left the states, it feels like blank-ness. Like I can't possibly imagine what's coming, and so I don't try. Blank.

I've been packing for the last week. Readjusting. Taking everything out and putting it all back in, trying to find a map. Or a shirt. Stepping on the bathroom scale to turn it on, balancing the big black bags and trying not to influence their weight.

19.7 kilos
17.1

My carry-on can weight 7.

I watch my Sopranos dvds. I know them by heart now.

There is relief and hesitance. Excitement and exhaustion. Tomorrow I turn in my cell phone, my internet modem.

Tomorrow I fall off the map.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful pics, keeping family and friends updated with your adventures! Travel safely to Morocco!
    Love, Mom, Dad and Lin

    ReplyDelete